Thursday, August 07, 2008

You Am I in Paris

I spent last weekend reminiscing about the good ole days (the 90s) when I used to go out and see my favourite Aussie bands play live. Bands like Spiderbait, Custard, The Cruel Sea, and my all time favourite, You Am I.

I've probably seen You Am I play live more than 10 times, including once in New York. I loved all their music and believed (and still believe) Tim Rogers to be the best Australian song writer ever.

I was watching all my favourites on YouTube and downloaded a heap of them onto my iPod. All week at the gym I've been listening to You Am I et al.

Then this morning, the weirdest thing happens. I got an email from the Australian Consulate (I think I signed up for their newsletter when I voted last year) saying that Tim Rogers is going to be playing live in Paris, tonight, for one concert only! What kind of freaky coincidence is that?

There's no way I'm going to miss this.

Tim Rogers (You Am I) - Live and Exclusive
Cafe Oz
8 Boulevard Montmartre
75009 Paris
Thursday 7 August
Doors 8pm
On Stage 9pm

 

No comments: