Friday, September 28, 2007

Torrent Sites

Even though I've always known what torrent sites are, I've never used them. I don't know why, I just never really got around to looking at them I guess. Seeing French TV is crap and I never get to see any of my favourite shows, I'm going to start downloading them.

I'm going to use the Pirate Bay to download torrents. I'm interested in show such as The Sopranos, The Amazing Race, Kath and Kim, Law and Order, and some other show which I'll never admit to, hehe. I know some of these are available on Canal+, such as The Sopranos, but now I can get the latest episodes before they air.

First of all I downloaded uTorrent. Then I protected my IP by downloading and setting up this blacklist in uTorrent. I'm not sure if I did that correctly but we'll see. Then I followed the tips for downloading torrents.

I'm currently downloading The Sopranos but it looks like it's going to take at least half an hour to complete so I don't know if I've done everything correctly.

I'd be interested to know who else views their favourite TV shows or movies this way and what software they use to do it. Let me know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been downloading the Chaser each week direct from the ABC website. There's also a great mockumentary type show on the ABC called Summerheights High (the same guy who did We Can Be Heroes). I'm so glad. It makes my Thursdays very happy days indeed!

Andrea said...

My Sopranos download didn't work :( but I'm trying some other shows. I hope they'll work.

I'll check out the Chaser. Were those the guys who got arrested recently for breaching security when Bush et al where in Sydney?