Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Funny Girls

I had to renew by gym membership today which resulted in a typically difficult conversation in French/English.

One girl asked my something about my husband which I didn't quite catch so I asked her to repeat it. So then she tried to tell me in English but I couldn't understand a word she said. Then the other receptionist, a complete bimbo who still can't remember my name after one year, tried to tell me in English but I couldn't understand her either, LOL.

So I'm like, just speak in French, but speak slowly, but they insisted on speaking a mixture of French and English which was impossible to understand. They're quite nice, funny girls but such bimbos it's unbelievable.

I wish French people would speak to me in French but slowly and clearly, I can understand everything then. It's nice that they want to speak English with me but it's really not necessary. I always reply in French anyway. How else am I supposed to learn?

So I am now €2000 poorer but I'm set for another year at the gym

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 000 euros? are you kidding? didnt you want to say 200?

Andrea said...

Actually it was €2140, €1070 each for one year.

islandgirl4ever2 said...

HOLY COW!! I guess I really lucked out with my memembership to Moving for only 252 euros a year!!! It's SOOOO SUPER expensive to do stuff here... Yoga classes are like 20 euros a class and at the 24 hour fitness back home all the classes were included in the memembership.. My gym doesn't have yoga... just stretch... but it's still a great gym... I still can't get over that!! I hope you bring a blanket and just LIVE there!!!

Andrea said...

I can't believe you only pay €250! I love my gym though, so I'm happy to pay what I pay. But still, that's a huge difference in price!!!