Monday, September 24, 2007

Apartment Hunting in the 16th

I saw 3 apartments last week. One horrid one in Boulogne on one of the busiest avenues in the area. Then I saw 2 in the 16, both within walking distance to by gym, which is very important.

The first was in rue Chanez which is the same street as the gym. Maybe that is too close but it doesn't look like I"ll be getting it anyway. The apartment was marginally nicer than others I've seen, the kitchen was probably usable and the shower room was typically hideous but could possibly be cleaned up. At €938 for 45sqm it was a bargain. I would have taken it but I guess the owner didn't like my dossier. What a surprise.

Next was a 50sqm 1 bed at Mirabeau, also in the 16th for €1100 per month. It was very filthy but the owner was having it repainted and was going to replace the kitchen cupboards so it was going to be ok. It had beautiful oak floorboards and high ceilings and from the bathroom you could see the Eiffel Tower. She was happy with my dossier but she said she would probably rent the apart to the person there before me.

So I missed out on all 3 counts.

I've only got a month or so before I have to be out of here so things are starting to get tight. I"ll have to start looking in other areas now or maybe go with a real estate agent, even though they charge huge fees.

So far I've been using the Pap but the competition is making it tough, especially with my weak dossier. Fingers crossed for this Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How disapointing :( Good luck on the apartment quest.

Andrea said...

Thanks, hopefully something will come up this week.