Thursday, December 07, 2006

Novelty Gifts

This brief post on novelty gifts is an experiement on how a page ranks depending on links on a page and the test surrounding those links. I’m curious to see if I will get any results with this. So if you are looking for novelty gifts then:

Novelty gifts - Bombshell
Novelty gifts - via Wikipedia
Novelty gifts - McPhee
Novelty gifts - Lastminute
Novelty gifts - Spilsbury
Novelty gifts - via Technorati
Novelty gifts - Reference
Novelty gifts - via Digg
Novelty gifts - via Reddit
Novelty gifts - Techcrunch
Novelty gifts - Buy Organic
Novelty gifts - PrezzyBox

This is a follow up from my previous post about novelty gifts and is based on this original post about novelty gifts. Without links to this post I don't think much will happen but we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of ours tried a similar experiment a while ago. Even now if you search for "swooning fainting ladies" in google (with/without quotes) he comes up number one.

All you need to do is to repeat the relevant phrase a few times and, if someone else isn't targetting the same phrase, you'll find yourself at the top of google a few days after the posting.

I'm sort-of half trying this through my series on FP re buying a house in France. Can't see me hitting the top spot right away with it (too much competition) but it'll probably get there in the end.


Arnold

Andrea said...

I've seen some top SEO guys do that but it didn't work for me :(

Probably too much competition as you mentioned.

The key is to get as many links as possible to your site with your keywords in the anchor text.

I submitted one of my sites to about 10 top directies using the title (and anchor) text 'bamboo clothing'. I'm now number 1 for that search term on google.com.au (with only Australia selected).

If you tell me the keywords you are targeting I can link to your site using that text.