Saturday, December 02, 2006

Novelty Gifts for Him and Her

I've been pretty busy lately working on getting sales in the lead up to biggest shopping period of the year. I still have lots to do and have especially been working on a new site about novelty gifts. It is aimed at a UK audience although I think most items can be delivered anywhere around the world.

I'm surprised that novelty gifts and gadgets are so popular. Everyone wants something to play with I guess. I've had a good look around the web to see what's on offer not only for work but because I want to get a novelty gift for him. F is quite difficult to buy for, being the fussy many that he is. However, whenever we go out to the shops he always manages to find things he loves and wants to buy. I often have to drag him away from the shops. It's quite embarrassing really.

I don't know if it's a good idea to surprise him with a gift because he seems to love the act of shopping so much. I wonder if I'm denying him by buying something without him, even if it's for him.

Not only is my man fussy but he also only ever wants unique or unusual gifts. He doesn't want anything popular or common. That's generally a bit difficult but I have found a few things he might be interested in:

  • Multi function key.
  • Spacepen which writes upside down, on wet paper, or in freezing temperatures.
  • Telescope but I don't know what for.
  • Heart rate monitor (he loves the gym).
  • Binary watch. He'd go crazy for that as he does with any unusual watch.
  • Super Pen which scans text which you can translate, store or transfer to a computer.

Ok, that last one is probably of more interest to me. I've wanted to get it since I saw it. I'll keep looking for novelty gifts for him and her to see what else is out there.

No comments: