Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tennis | Paris Open | BNP Paribas Masters

The Paris Open is on shortly and I can't wait to go. I've already bought my tickets for the Thursday, round 3, and Saturday for the semi finals. I went in 2000 and loved it. That was the first time I ever went to a tennis tournament and since then have been to Wimbledon and the Italian Open. I would love to go more often but the opportunity rarely arises.

The BNP Paribas Masters tennis tournament is held at the Palais Omnisports de Paris Bercy which is in the 12th in Paris. It's not a particularly nice area of Paris. It's not bad it's just that there's not much to see or do there. The tournament starts on the 30th October and finishes on the 5th November. Tickets are available from 14.50 euros to 64 euros. I paid 40 something. I don't remember it being so expensive last time I was there but I guess that's inflation for you.

The disappointing thing is that Roger Federer won't be playing. I saw him play live once before but that was years ago when he was just starting out. I would love to see him play now while he's at this peak. When I went to the Open before I saw Andre Agassi, Mark Phillipoussis, and the rest I can't remember. I have such a great memory.

No comments: