Monday, October 30, 2006

My Cat is Sick

I have two cats, Jade and Topaz, who live in Australia with my parents. They are both 17 years old so it's not surprising they're getting a little frail.

Topaz is not well. She doesn't eat much and only weighs around 2 kilos. To be fair, she's always been a very small cat but things got worse when she had a little adventure a couple of years ago.

She likes to sleep on my dad's car in the garage and one night when he went out she didn't jump off as she usually does and went for a bit of a ride instead. She held on for a while until the car went round the corner when she went flying off. I know that's what happened because someone witnessed it and made my dad pull over to tell him.

She went missing for 2 weeks and when she finally made it home she was skeletal. I can't believe she survived it at all. She never really regained the weight she lost. Part of the problem is that she's a very fluffy Persian and she's constantly coughing up fur balls, along with her dinner.

Yesterday she was pulling out a knot in her hair and took out a chunk of skin at the same time. That can't be good. I think she'll be off to the vet tonight.

I hope she's going to be ok.

Jade is quite different to Topaz. She's a very fussy eater but eats a lot and weighs more than 4 kilos. She's much healthier but I don't know if she'll last long without her sister.

I miss them.

No comments: