Monday, October 30, 2006

Salon du Chocolat

I went to the Salon du Chocolat yesterday without a ticket which was a big mistake. You can buy the tickets online at FNAC but I didn't get around to it so I just turned up at Porte de Versailles. There was no queue for those who had pre-purchased tickets but the queue to buy tickets was ridiculous.

We couldn't be bothered to wait as it would have surely taken an hour or more to get in. It's on until Wednesday so I could go during the day when there would be fewer people, although I'd definitely buy a ticket before going.

It closes at 7pm so I won't be able to go with Ferbent. I don't know that I really want to go alone and seeing I'm having Thursday off to go to the tennis then I can't really afford to take another day off.

Missing the Salon du Chocolat was the first bad thing which happened yesterday but it got worse when I left the exposition centre. I wasn't paying attention when I left and as I walked out of the driveway I got hit on the head by the boom gate. I don't know how it happened or how I didn't notice it or why it came down right as I was walking under it but it happened.

I could say I was more embarrassed than anything else (there were a lot of people around) but in fact it hurt a lot. I now have a very big bump on my head and yesterday I had a terrible head ache.

I think that has turned me off of going to Porte de Versailles. Maybe I will spend the 12 euros which I was going to spend on the ticket on Jeff de Bruges chocolates.

No comments: