Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Success with Adwords

After using AdWords for a couple of months to promote my Cheap Web Templates website, I'm finally having some success.

It took quite a while to work out how to reduce my cost per click to make it profitable but I think I've got the hang of it now. The point is to use LOTS of keywords as the cheaper ones are those which not many people are bidding on. The problem with this of course is that not many people are bidding on them for a reason. Not many people are searching using those keywords. This means that I now have only around 10 hits on my site per day from AdWords. It's not costing a lot but I'm not getting that many sales either. I'm selling around 1 web template per week.

My next plan of attack to sell more web templates is to start a blog. I thought I could post tips on how to use the templates and examples of templates in action, so to speak. Maybe I could post about different uses of the templates, all the while throwing in relevant keywords. At least with my adwords campaign I now know which keywords are best and which are only searched on occasionally. It has been very good research.

No comments: