Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Night Walking

I went out for a walk quite late last night, around 11pm. It was very cold, like the middle of winter in fact, but I soon warmed up. The streets of Boulogne were very quiet and it was great time to be out, I almost had the streets to myself.

I saw a part of Boulogne which I had never seen before. Even now I'm not sure where I was. It's amazing how different things look at night. I discovered some nice cafes and restaurants and another organic supermarket. I'm glad I found that because the one in the centre of Boulogne is small. This place looks quite large so I'm going to head over there today to see what they have. I'm especially looking for fresh organic fruit and vegetables and I'm yet to find a place around here where I can find that.

I think I was near Bois de Boulogne as I saw a huge gate, at least 4 metres high, with trees behind it. I can't think what else that could have been. There was also a theatre which might be worth a second look. I'll definitely head over there today and I'll definitely go for a walk at that time again.

No comments: