Saturday, April 01, 2006

My First Sale!

I just got my first sale of a web template. I'm so happy. My Adwords campaign has been going for 3 days and it's working already. I was really surprised when I logged into my account this morning.

I thought maybe no one would buy the templates because the purchase process is more difficult than you usually encounter on the internet. Instead of just entering your credit card details and then receiving an email with download instructions, you have to send the head office, in the US, a copy of your credit card. This is obviously to reduce fraud but I don't understand why they need to do that and no one else does. So to complete a purchase you have to scan your credit card, black out the credit card number using a program like Photoshop, and then email it to the customer service. Or if you don't have a scanner you can fax the card details. There must be plenty of people who don't have a scanner of fax so you'd have to really want the template to go ahead and buy it.

I received a US$12 commission which about equals the amount I spent on advertising. All I need to do now is to work out how to reduce my advertising costs and I will be in business.

No comments: