Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm Moving House (Apartment)

I gave notice on my Montpellier apartment today. According to the contract I have to give 3 months notice or 1 months notice in exceptional circumstances. I tried to convince the real estate agent that my husband getting a job in Paris is one of those exceptional circumstances but they didn't buy it. I'm going to go back tomorrow and speak to the lady I normally see and ask her. She's always been really friendly with me so it's worth a try.

If I have to give 3 months notice then we will use this place on the weekends. Ferbent loves the warm weather here and the beaches so we'll come here and enjoy the summer. A lot of Parisiens leave Paris on the weekend so we may as well do the same thing. It seems they often have houses in the country or their families do and they like to get out of the city. I don't really understand because I always think there are so many things to do in Paris on the weekends. I guess it's just another of those cultural differences.

No comments: