Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Beautiful Day in Montpellier

It was warm and sunny today, Spring is definitely here. How am I going to get used to the colder, wetter, more humid weather in Paris? It's not so much that I like the heat but that I like the dry heat. In Paris I'll have to used my hair straightener a LOT more often. I hate straightening my hair, it takes forever, but I like my hair straight.

I got all my work done by lunch time so I headed out for a walk. I went to Carrefour, one of the big supermarkets here. I only go there occasionally because they have a much bigger range than the little supermarket I go to in the centre of Montpellier. They have a lot more organic products also, which is what I usually buy. It's also much cheaper than my usual supermarket. I could get the bus there but I don't see the point of trying to save some money by going there and then spending $5 on this bus.

So I decided to walk. It's wasn't the first time for me to walk there. I did it a couple of weeks ago. Both times it took exactly an hour of brisk walking. So one hour to walk there and one hour to do my shopping and then I was exhausted. Don't ask me why it takes and hour to do my shopping there but it always does. I did let the moths out of the purse to get the bus back though. Only because I bought some milk and cheese, otherwise I would have walked back for sure.

It's always quite an event to go to Carrefour, it seems to take half the day. I wish I had a car to get it over with quicker but at least I got some badly needed exercise.

No comments: