Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's Official!

Ferbent got the job in Paris. He signed the contract today so it's official. He's even started work already. We thought he might just sign the contract and then maybe start the next day but he got there at 9am and started work right away. He was really tired at the end of the day because he hasn't worked a full day for so long. He's really happy now and I'm happy for him.

I'm now going to give notice on our apartment in Montpellier, they require 3 months notice, and then head to Paris to start our new apartment search. Obviously I'd like to stay in the centre but it might be best to start in the suburbs close to Paris. That way we can pay off our debts and then start saving to buy an apartment.

I have to get all my financial documents and references together and then I'll be off to Paris. One of the benefits of him working for a large hotel group is that they've allowed us to stay in one of the hotel rooms for only 16 euros per night. Not at the hotel where he's working but at one in the centre of Paris, near the Opera Garnier.

No comments: