Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Hunt Begins

I've been in Paris for a few days looking for a new apartment. I'm on a limited budget of 800 euros a month and so I'm finding it difficult to find what I want. I definitely want a one bed apartment which has been recently renovated. Floorboards and a separate kitchen are preferable and a parking space would be fantastic.

I've been looking in the weekly magazine Particulier a Particulier but there is not much for 800, not the areas I want anyway. I'm looking in the centre of Paris, Levallois, and Boulogne Billancourt as this is where Ferbent is working (in 3 different hotels). I've also been going to real estate agents in these areas but to no avail. The people managing the rentals are often not there and I'm supposed to call them later. I don't understand why they don't take my number and call me. Why do they just let customers walk out the door? It doesn't make sense to me and I never call these people.

I do have one appointment this afternoon in Levallois, one street from Ferbent's hotel. It's a very small one bed at only 32 sqm but it is supposedly renovated. Renovated seems to mean different things to real estate agents and landlords and to me so we'll see. If its clean and fairly new I'll take it.

No comments: