Wednesday, March 29, 2006

First Adwords Campaign

I started my first Google Adwords campaign today for my web templates website. I've read a little bit about Adwords on internet forums but I'm still not too sure what I'm doing. I'd like to buy one of the many books about it or even some software which is available to help with bidding prices and keywords. Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow that at the moment so the only option I have is to keep reading the forums and to use a bit of trial and error with my campaign.

The good thing is that Google allow you to set a maximum daily budget so there's not chance of my costs getting out of hand. I don't understand how to get a low cost per click. To get my ad in the top 4 places I have to bid around 70 cents per click, sometimes though it's over $1.20. I don't want to pay more than 10 cents so I guess I'll have to work on my ad copy and on the landing page. This is what I don't know how to do.

I'll keep reading over the next few days and keep a very close eye on my costs per click, just to make sure things don't get out of hand. There's not point in paying $1 per click and then have no sales. I'm a bit nervous about how it's going to go but I think once I get the hang of it there will be plenty of money to be made.

No comments: