Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fujifilm F30 Review

I finally got my new digital camera after wanting it since the beginning of the year. I was interested in the Fujifilm F30 when it was first announced but wanted to wait to buy it until I read the reviews. Thankfully all the reviews have been glowing and it even won an award for the best compact digital camera in Europe. I bought it online at Pixmania and it arrived a few days later along with a leather case and 1GB of memory. That's a lot of memory, I wonder how many photos that will hold. So far it is going great. It's easy to use and the quality looks excellent. The only negative is the colour. I'm sure the one I saw in the shop was a silver colour but this one is kind of greenish. I don't like it but it's not so terrible that I'll be returning it. I didn't even realise they came in different colours. Or maybe it was that colour all along and I didn't notice. Or more likely no one wanted that colour and that is why it was cheaper at Pixmania than anywhere else.

So naturally I've been playing a lot since I got it. I want to go all around Paris taking photos of all the sites and my favourite parks. No doubt I'll be adding images to many of my posts from now on. I'll also have to work out how flickr works. This is my first digital camera (I'm a bit behind the times, I know) so all the latest features are new to me. It even has a video mode included which looks to be fairly good quality. I haven't loaded the software on to my computer yet as my laptop is super slow and I don't think it can take any more software. The next thing I'll be buying is a new computer and then I'll be able to go crazy with photos.

I haven't had the opportunity to take many photos, except for in Boulogne, but this Saturday the Tour de France is going to go right by my balcony so I'll be able to take plenty of photos of that.

No comments: