Monday, February 11, 2008

The Smashing Pumpkins

I don't go to many music concerts, I never have done really but I'm glad I didn't miss the Smashing Pumpkins last week. They were amazing!!! I love Billy Corgan, he'd have to be one of my favourite song writers of all time.

I've been a huge fan of the Smashing Pumpkins since the early 90s and was pretty disappointed when they broke up in 2000. I hadn't even realised they had got back together until I saw an ad in the metro saying they were going to be playing at Bercy. See, the metro isn't all bad.

I admit I was much more interested in their old songs but I'm old, ya know, and that's how it is. What I really couldn't believe was the stamina of Billy Corgan. He played for 2 and a half hours non-stop! Not one break! Incredible.

Even the support band, Puggy, was great.

I'd love to see both these bands again in the future, maybe next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow 2 and a half hours is good! Concerts can be so expensive these days, I love it when bands are willing to play for a bit longer than 45 minutes. I remember going to a Cure concert which lasted three and a half hours!

Corgan and Linda Perry have been helping Courtney Love out with her new album. Fingers crossed it's better than the last effort.

Andrea said...

Unfortunately I don't think Courtney Love can do too much without the help of others ;)

I noticed The Cure are playing at Bercy next month. It would be great to see them but I won't be in Paris that day.