Tuesday, April 17, 2007

La Nouvelle Star

I'm not that interested in reality TV shows, especially French ones but I have been following the Nouvelle Star with mild interest. Actually my interest in this show is more from a marketing persepective than anything else as I'm interested in the possible money making opportunites it presents.

I know that in the US, American Idol is hugely popular and many marketers do really well promoting the last 10 contestants and especially the winner. They do arbitrage or CPA offers around ringtone or cd offers. So I thought I'd give it a go here with the Nouvelle Star 2007. Naturally the demand won't be as high here as in the US but I won't know exactly until I try.

So my pick to win La Nouvelle Star is Pierre Darmon. He's one of the more experienced singers, has a great voice and is well liked by both the jury and the public. The most unique and talented singer and talented is Julien Dore. I think he's great and the jury loves him but I don't think he'll win. He's a bit too alternative for the voting public I'd suggest.

As for the girls there is Gaetane, who is pretty useless but seems to be popular because she's pretty, if you like the look of French girls that is. Canelle is even more useless than Gaetane but someone managed to get through to the final 10. She doesn't deserve to be there but anyway, that's how they voted. Raphaelle seems nice and has a pretty good voice but I don't think she'll win. She might make it to the top 5 but she's a bit too plain Jane to win. My favourite of the girls is Julie. She's pretty cool and can sing well and I think she's popular so she could go far.

The rest of the line up includes Alex who was saved by the jury at the last minute. He definitely deserved to get through. Soma is hugely popular with the girls. He can sing well but his performances so far have been utter crap. Hopefully he'll improve this week as he could win if he gets it together. Tigane is pretty boring if you ask me but the jury seems to like him. That leaves Ilyes who again is pretty popular with the girls but he's a bit limited in his abilites so probably won't win.

So they are my predictions, we'll see if I get close. I'm still working on getting the sites up and running and will start the AdWords campaign in a couple of weeks.

No comments: