Monday, October 09, 2006

Paris Motor Show | Porte de Versailles

I went to the motor show in Perth once and it was pretty boring. It was small and of no interest whatsoever. For that reason I was hesitant about going to the Paris Motor Show, along with the fact that I'm not that interested in cars. However, I would like to buy a small car soon so I went along with Ferbent, who was particularly interested in seeing all the luxury cars.

Tickets were 12 euros each and it was held at the exposition centre at Porte de Versailles in the 15th. It's not that far from my house but it took forever to get there as I had to go into Paris and then back out again on a different line. It was a pain but I made it. It was Friday night and surprisingly there weren't that many people there. Maybe the pouring rain deterred people from going.

We started off seeing all the latest small cars which I'm interested in buying. I love the Citroen C2 but it just doesn't have the features of the Peugeot 207. The 207 has 6 airbags as standard and optional leather seats and gps. The gps is an extra 2000E but I think it's worth it because it includes an inbuilt SOS button which you press if you breakdown, plus a telephone, and 5 CD player, as well as a street directory for all of Europe. That sounds good to me. I'd also get airconditioning and maybe a sunroof. With all the options I want it would cost around 19,000E. The basic car starts at 12,000E but I think I'd want the extras to be comfortable.

It was then off to see the luxury cars such as Porche, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. For some reason I've always thought they were all ugly cars. I just don't get the attraction. I did like the latest BMWs though. I wouldn't mind the M6.

So what I thought would be a couple of hours of looking at cars actually took 4 hours but I didn't notice the time go by. Surprisingly I enjoyed going and I might even go again, in 5 years or so.

No comments: