Sunday, August 27, 2006

US Open Starts Tomorrow

I was very disappointed not to have seen any Wimbledon matches this year. The Tennis is normally shown on Eurosport or France 2 or 3 here in France but for some reason that wasn't the case with Wimbledon. I didn't get to see even one match. I think it was shown on Canal+ but I have TPS so missed it. I was surprised that they didn't even show the final because Amelie Mauresmo was in it and ultimately won it. I would say very few people got to see that match.

Tomorrow the US Open starts and it is showing on Eurosport so I will definitely be watching. I will be following Federer, Nadal, Bagdahtis, and all the others. I think I will be supporting Federer and Bagdahtis in the mens and Hingis in the womens. There is not much chance of me supporting any Australians as I can't stand Hewitt and the Scud is playing Nadal in the first round. Not much chance for him I'd say.

So the next two weeks will be taken up with the tennis and a little reporting on the tennis. I won't be watching every match, of course, but will report on those I see.

No comments: