Thursday, August 10, 2006

It's Holiday Time!

Today is my last day of work before a 10 day break. I've been so looking forward to it. I've hired a car and we're going to head to the beaches down towards Bordeaux and the Spanish border. I'm sure we'll cross over to Spain as neither of us have been there before.

Along the way I hope to visit a few chateaux in the Loire Valley. I have wanted to go there for such a long time but I don't think we'll have much time to stop and look inside. Maybe we'll go inside one but otherwise we'll just admire them from afar. I'll no doubt get plenty of use out of my new camera.

I'm sure we'll spend at least one night in Bordeaux. We went there a couple of years ago, the flight was a wedding present from my brother and sister in law (from London), and had a relaxing weekend with great food and great wine. Bordeaux is probably the only wine I like. I had the best kebab of my life there, not like the rubbish you find around here, as well as the best hot chocolate. Visiting those two places is a high priority.

Ideally I'd like to cross the border near Biarritz so we can visit San Sebastien before following the Pyranees towards Barcelona. Barcelona has been high up on my wish list of places to visit for a while but I'm just not sure we'll have time to do that. We'll play it by ear.

The only real plan for this holiday is to eat, sleep, relax, read, swim at the beach, and that's about it.

No comments: