Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Juanes Concert in Paris


I went to the Juanes concert at the Zenith last night and it was great. The music was fantastic, he was fantastic, I'm so glad I went. I didn't know all of the songs because I have only recently become a fan but I think I knew 90% of them. The only problem was that I don't speak Spanish so couldn't understand anything he was saying! I don't think he speaks French or English and the only thing he said in French was 'merci beaucoup'. Still, you don't need to speak Spanish to love his music.

The big negative of the night was the location. The Zenith was a nightmare as there was no air conditioning. It was 36 degrees in Paris yesterday and I've no doubt it was well over 40 inside the Zenith and very humid. I can't understand how they can not put air conditioning in a public building, especially when you are going to have 6,000 people inside at one time. It was really unbearable. It is things like this which make me hate France. They don't have air conditioning anywhere which I can't understand because it's not like it doesn't get hot here, of course it does in summer. I think the French just don't want to spend any money. They are pretty tight from what I've seen. It seems like they would rather suffer to the point of almost passing out rather than spend a few euros.

I loved Juanes but would never go to the Zenith again.

No comments: