Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fuel Efficient Cars

I hired a car last weekend for my trip to the French Grand Prix and was surprised at just how fuel efficient it was. The car was a Renault Clio Diesel and I did almost 700 kilometres on a little over half a tank. I think I used something like 33 litres which cost me exactly 40 euros. I guess I don't really know that that is fuel efficient but when I moved house the petrol for the van cost me twice that. Yeah I know you can't compare a van full of furniture and a little diesel Renault but I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to break the bank to do a little touring around the country. Now I know when I go on holiday in August I won't have to worry too much about how much I'm going to spend on petrol.

I do keep in mind my fuel consumption when driving and try to following these fuel efficient driving tips.

No comments: