Monday, July 10, 2006

French Formula 1 Grand Prix - Nevers Magny Cours

I'm not much of a fan of the Formula 1 but have taken a mild interest in it since meeting my husband. Ferbent loves the F1 and watches every race. He is a Schumacher fan which I can't understand. The guy is arrogant and boring. I support Webber but only because he's an Aussie. He doesn't seem to have much going for him other than that.

I thought it would be exciting to see a race in person so I've booked tickets to see the French Grand Prix on the 16th July. It is in Nevers which is about half way between Paris and Lyon. It seems Magny Cours is in the middle of nowhere so I've had to hire a car for the weekend. I booked everything at short notice so all the hotels in the area are already fully booked. We are either going to have to stay a couple of hours away from the track or spend the night in the car. I'm not too keen on option number two so it looks like I'll be doing a lot of driving on the day. The other thing I haven't booked is parking. They are not selling parking tickets on the internet anymore so I'm not sure how to get them. I hope I'll be able to get them on the day or else we might be in for a long walk.

It should be a great day as I have never been to this kind of event before and never imagined I would. I find the races quite boring unless there is a lot of overtaking or a spectacular accident. I think the enjoyment will be more in the atmosphere than the actual race itself. We'll see.

No comments: