Monday, June 12, 2006

Shopping at Le Bon Marche

Les Galleries Lafayettes and Le Printemps are two of the most famous department stores in Paris but I've always preferred Le Bon Marche. It's in a great shopping area surrounded by beautiful parks plus it's a little quieter than the other stores. It's really nice to spend the day in that part of Paris.

Ferbent's birthday was on Saturday so we went to the Bon Marche to buy him a present. Ferbent loves shopping and when we went there a month ago he saw lots of clothes he liked so I promised him we would go back for his birthday. Of course, this time he didn't see anything he liked. He tried on a few things but he was quite disappointed. We ended up checking out their homewares section and bought some fantastic Peugeot salt and pepper grinders. Ferbent wanted to buy them for my birthday earlier this year but he wasn't working at that time and seeing they are quite expensive (82 euros each) we didn't buy them. So this time he insisted on getting them and now I have two very beautiful electric grinders with an inbuilt light so you can see how much you are grinding. They're fantastic! I also bought a small bag which I can put over my shoulder so I won't have to carry my heavy handbag anymore. So much for shopping for Ferbent's birthday!

After walking around the Latin Quarter and getting very tired we finally found a nice little menswear shop where Ferbent bought a shirt and jumper which he loves. We also stopped off at Muji where I bought a dressing gown for him which he has wanted for ages and we bought some cute thongs each as well.

We hardly ever go shopping so it was really nice to go out today and buy whatever we wanted without thinking too much about price. I think it'll be back to watching the centimes for the next couple of months though, at least until we go on our summer holiday.

No comments: