Friday, June 23, 2006

At the Prefecture Again

I had my appointment at the Prefecture today and seeing as I didn't have my birth certificate they couldn't do anything for me. It should arrive from Australia next week and they made another appointment for me in two weeks. The good news is that she agreed to accept both my birth and marriage certificates in english so I won't need to get them translated. This will save me a lot of time as well as 100 euros.

I've heard a lot of stories about how difficult people are at the Prefecture and how it's difficult to get any help from them but I've found nothing but the opposite. They have been very helpful and friendly, the woman I saw today even tried to speak to me in english, although not very successfully. I was also surprised they were flexible on the translation problem. They were very nice and I hope to get my carte de sejour in two weeks time. Well, I'm sure they won't do it on the spot but I think it will arrive in the mail. Either way it won't be long now.

No comments: