Friday, March 24, 2006

Quick Trip to Paris

I spent the last day and a half in Paris. It wasn't much of a trip as the only reason I went was because Ferbent had a job interview and he didn't want to go alone. The interview went well and he'll find out next week if he gets the job. Apart from that it was a quick trip to Le Bon Marche for some Aesop makeup, which you can't get in Montpellier, and some delicious food from their fantastic food hall.

Surprisingly, Montpellier is only 3 and a half hours from Paris by TGV. I thought it would take much longer considering the distance. It was a nice trip, especially seeing we went first class for only 40 euros each, although I wasn't prepared for the bitterly cold weather when we arrived.

It's a trip I could easily make more often, to go shopping or just for a change of scenery. Of course I won't need to make that trip if Ferbent gets this job. It also looks like he'll have another job interview in Paris next week, which I won't be going to, so chances are we'll be moving to Paris. I'd prefer to live in Paris, having loved living there for a year in 1999, and I don't really enjoy living in little Montpellier, but I can't really be bothered moving. I hate the thought of having to find a new apartment and then to move all our things. Not to mention we'll probably pay twice the rent for half the size apartment there.

Anyway, the important thing is for Ferbent to get a job so I can get my carte de sejour and get a job myself.

No comments: