Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Navigo en Ligne

Now that the Carte Orange is officially dead, I thought I'd apply for a Navigo pass. I don't actually need one because hardly ever leave my quartier, but you never know, I might get the urge one day to buy a weekly travel card and see the few remaining areas of Paris I've yet to visit.

So I go to www.ratp.fr and do a bit of searching until I find the right link. I sign up and then wait for my confirmation email with my password. This kind of thing normally takes a few seconds, right? Well, typically French slow 'service' extends to their crappy websites it seems.

A few hours later I get an email with my password. Great. So now I go to login but there is no link to the login page or their website in the email. Wtf??? So I have to go back to the ratp site which is a PITA to navigate and roughly a billion clicks later I'm at the login page.

French websites are fun!

Then I realise I don't have a decent photo of myself which I can use as an identity photo so I give up. Looks like I'll stick to getting a carnet...

2 comments:

Ksam said...

I just got one myself...though I was pretty annoyed that they couldn't transfer my current monthly carte Orange over to it. All's they could say was "Sorry, you'll just have to wait until July 1 to charge it". Like you said, if they really want to switch over, you think they'd make the process a little bit easier!!

Misplaced said...

I've switched but I'm also bothered you can't charge the month early- also, why can't we use something other than a carte bleu in the machines- very annoying.

ok- I"m relaxed now.