Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Last Day in Berlin

The main reason for this trip to Berlin was to celebrate my birthday. Today I'm 34 years old. Bloody old! I don't know where all the years went.

My final day in Berlin was spent walking around Berlin, enjoying the sites, cafes, and speaking with the friendly German people. I really would like to live in Berlin one day. When I leave Paris at the end of this year I'm going to either move to Germany or back to Australia. There is not another option for me.

My birthday lunch was at a Turkish place where I had steaming hot freshly baked bread, every kind of meat they had, rice, potato, salad, drinks. The food was piled high and it was only 15 euros for the two of us. Delicious and a bargain!

Dessert was another kase sahne torte. I normally hate cakes, especially French ones, but I love German cakes! They really know what they're doing and again waaaayyy cheaper than what you get here at a patisserie.

Our Easyjet flight was slightly delayed but we managed to get the last metro and make it safely home. I loved Berlin and plan to go back in the summer when it should be even better. So far I've been to Cologne, Stuttgart, and Berlin, which just leaves Munich on my list of must see German cities. Hopefully I'll make it there this summer also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You share the same birthday as my father. Walking around in a new city sounds like a memorable way to spend a birthday.

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for stopping by my blog.. I hope you will check out my other posts.. I just saw that clip on someone's blog and thought it was funny... it's French humor.. different from American and Australian... Do you speak french fluently or rather ... did you understand what they were saying.. Because you either didn't get it cuz you didn't understand the humor or you did and didn't find it at all funny.. I sent the clip to my husband and he was chuckling.. I think it's really French humor... it's a bit off,you know.. Anyhow.. Take care, Leesa