Sunday, February 17, 2008

Juno

One of the things I love about living in Europe is being able to watch the latest 'foreign' films which I'd never get a chance to see in Australia. Of course you can see European films in Australia, especially with the unbeatable SBS and World Movie channels, but it's just not the same. Here, especially in Paris, there are so many great and unusual films showing at the cinema.

Of course, there are plenty of crappy films showing too. However, most of them are American movies rather than European ones. So I tend to avoid Hollywood movies, even if they get a good review. 

I made an exception for Juno and I'm glad I did. It's really my kind of movie and was surprisingly funny. It was so well written, very clever, and then ending was just as it should have been. Worth seeing for sure.

No comments: