Saturday, January 05, 2008

Yoga

I've been doing a bit of Pilates lately and seeing I really enjoy it, I thought I'd give yoga a go too. I've seen some online videos so I know a lot of the exercises I do in the stretching classes are yoga moves.

I took my first ever yoga class tonight and it would have to have been the worst class I've ever done in my life. I know yoga is supposed to be spiritual and you focus on breathing and all that crap but to start the class with 20 minutes of lying on my back and concentrating on my breathing was a massive waste of time!

In the one hour class we only did 3 yoga stretches! wtf! How is that possible??? I go to the gym to workout not waste my time. Surprisingly that class is really popular but then they are all oldies as was the prof - who was well over 60 and looked liked the only exercise he'd ever done was walk between the fridge and the couch.

I think I'll stick to pilates for now, even if it does cost 10 euros per session.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, no way I'm spending my time and money to be told how to breath!

Madame K said...

The people who need yoga the most are the ones who can't muster up enough patience to actually learn and benefit from it.

Myself included.

Andrea said...

I don't need yoga, at least not the 'spiritual' crap that goes with it. I really enjoy yoga as a workout but 3 yoga moves in one hour isn't worth my time.