Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Trip to Nice

On the train trip back from Rome, we stopped off for a couple of days in Nice. It was my first time there and really enjoyed it. It wasn't has hot and sunny as I would have liked but it wasn't cold either.

The old city is a great place to explore although a lot of the shops are geared towards tourists. That isn't that surprising but I had hoped for a little more. The rest of the city is great to walk around too and of course the main event is walking up and down the Promenade des Anglais.

The restaurants and generally quite upmarket and while not cheap, the food was great. I had one of the most delicious pizzas there, much tastier than what I had in Rome days earlier.

The city is quite small, too small for me to live in I think, but it is on our list of possible places to live. Ferbent applied for a job at the Ibis were we stayed as they just happened to be looking for a maintenance man. I don't know if I want him to get it though.

It'll be much nicer once they finish all the work on the tramway. Maybe in 6 months it'll be all cleaned up with the new tram silently moving people around.

No comments: