Monday, September 10, 2007

Embarrassed

There is a retoucherie near my house where I go quite often with Ferbent's clothes (he seems to be constantly buying jeans). So I kind of know the guy who works there and lets just say he, well, likes to chat to me. Ferbent is usually with me (retoucherie guy never says a word to Ferbent, hehe) so I don't mind but today I went alone to alter some of my clothes.

I intentionally went in the afternoon because I know the girl is usually working at that time. This was the case today so I quickly changed into my new jeans. The girl started serving someone else so I was just standing there waiting when retoucherie guy came back from lunch or wherever he was.

So I was hoping to avoid him but instead I had him fiddling around my legs pinning my jeans. I was so embarrassed I'm sure I went bright red. I know there wasn't really any reason to worry but I just hate the way he looks at me.

He went to Australia a couple of months ago and every time I see him he goes on about how wonderful Australia is and he asks me 1000s of questions. I'm happy to respond and practice my French a little but I do get a little shy when he asks me so many things.

I know he's harmless and in fact he is quite charming, in his own way, but I was still embarrassed with him touching me even if he barely touched me and it was completely professional.

At least he's friendly. No one else in the shops around here talks to me. Thankfully on Friday I'll just be picking up my things and I won't have to get changed knowing he's just behind the curtain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! What bad luck. Yeah in that kind of situation when someone is already sending you weird vibes you don't want them altering your clothes!

Andrea said...

If I wasn't so lazy I'd go to the retoucherie a bit further away. Hopefully I'll be moving from Boulogne soon anyway.