Monday, July 31, 2006

WordPress Installation

Last week I downloaded and installed WordPress as I'm going to add a blog to Buy Organic, if I can ever work out how to integrate it into my current website design, that is. I had been putting off doing it for quite a while because I don't know anything about PHP and I thought it was going to be, not difficult, but tedious. If fact it wasn't at all and it worked straight away without any problems.

I read up on how to integrate it into my own design but that really is beyond me. I'll give it another go this week but I don't think I'll be able to do it myself. I think I'm going to need outside help. I wonder where I can find someone to do that for me without breaking the bank.

Seeing the installation was so easy I think got excited and set up three other domain names, which I happened to have lying around, and now I have 3 more blogs, just like that. I especially love how the themes work. Being able to change the look of the site with a flick of a switch is great. Plus the ease of setting them up and adding posts and pages is fantastic. I'm going to do all my sites from now on as WordPress blogs.

This time though the installation wasn't so easy. I kept getting the error 'There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file' and even though other people had the same error I couldn't find a solution. Well, after spending all day trying to figure it out I discovered the problem and the solution. I will post about it in case anyone has the same problem, which I'm sure they will.

So now I've got to get to work on these other blogs. Firstly there is Bingo Bombshell which is about bingo website reviews as well as other game reviews including free online games. Secondly there is Tips and Advice which is just that. I will be posting articles on a daily basis. The third site is for my husband. It is a dating review site for Albanians. Seeing he is Albanian he is going to write the reviews in his language. The site is called Albanian Hearts and I think it will be a success as Albanians seem to like using the internet to meet people. I have so much work to do now!

No comments: