Friday, June 02, 2006

Paris Weather A Problem for French Open

The weather has been pretty bad in Paris of late and the rain over the last few days has lead to delays in the French Open tennis tournament. A number of matches were delayed yesterday and will be played today. The only good thing about that is that there will be plenty of matches being played today by the top players.

Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, Kim Clijsters, and Alicia Molik (have to support the Aussies of course, except Hewitt who I can't stand) will all be playing today. I don't know if they'll all be televised as Amelie Mauresmo and a couple of other French players are also playing today and they usually get priority on TV.

I haven't watched any tennis since the tournament began but I think I'll make time for a couple of matches today. I'd especially like to see Federer and Hingis, two of my favourite players. Thankfully the weather should be fine today so there shouldn't be any more delays.

No comments: