Monday, May 29, 2006

Another Shower Leak

After having a shower leak a couple of weeks ago which resulted in some very upset neighbours below us, we now have another one. Naturally it's the same neighbours complaining and I had the plumber here again today. It was the same plumber as last time and he seemed thorough, he seemed to do a good job last time.

After having a good look around he said it's not the same problem as last time and it looks like the water is coming from either the neighbour next to us or above us. So we won't be having our shower ripped out and I can have as many shower as I like (hot water permitting), yay!

Speaking of hot water, is it just me or are the hot water systems in France useless? Or maybe it's just apartments in general. I don't know but every place I've rented here (which is only 3 so it's not much of a sample) has had a very small water tank which doesn't reheat very often. After 2 showers and washing the dishes that's about it for the hot water. It seems to reheat twice a day but it's not enough. I wish I knew how to change that but I can't figure it out. So it's short showers for me or cold showers.

No comments: