Friday, April 07, 2006

Poor Service at CafePress

The customer service people at CafePress are useless. I've been having some trouble with my Albanian Designs shop at CafePress lately. About half of the designs aren't coming up in their Market Place search engine. I was really annoyed because they are all correctly tagged (the means by which their search engine finds designs) and they were showing up when I first designed them.

There was no help from the CafePress forums so I emailed the customer service department. They were unbelievable, unbelievably useless that is. The first response took 24 hours and they guy just cut and pasted info from online FAQs. I clearly stated in my email that I had followed these guidelines and the problem was with their system. It looked like he didn't even bother to read my email.

I then replied, sarcastically thanking them for their HELP and asked them to actually read my email and do something about the problem. I then had to wait another 24 hours because my email went back to the end of the cue rather than straight back to the guy who was 'helping' me.

The next email from them wasn't even from the same useless guy, it was from another useless guy. He apologised profusely for the delay in replying and suggested next time, if I need an urgent reply, that I should call their customer service number in the US. As if I would waste my money on a long distance call to, probably, be left on hold for an eternity. After all his apologies he didn't bother to answer my query. He just said, sorry for the delay, call us next time. What??? What happened to helping me?

I then sent a nasty email and it's been 24 hours and still no reply.

I've actually now found out what the problem is but I'm going to continue to annoy them with nasty emails. The problem is with their system, it is a BUG in their system. I'm going to tell them but I'm sure they won't believe me or won't bother to do anything about it.

It's a shame I already paid for a premium shop, otherwise I'd just drop them. Seeing I've paid for the shop I'll have to fix the problem. This involves removing all my images and putting them all back up again. It'll only take a couple of hours. Should be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should focus less on the cafepress marketplace and more on SEO to outside search engines.

I rarely get traffic/sales from the marketplace, they come from GOOGLE,MSN,Yahoo etc.

As for Poor Service??? I disagree fully.

I suggest you contact AngCP at ALOW@cafepress.com.

You won't find a better service for the price of the premium that you are saying you would drop. Try doing what cafepress does for $5.95 a month on your own... marketing, shipping, processing, shopping cart, website to put that shopping cart on.

Anonymous said...

In re; Cafepress. What was the image problem? Possibly I can save you time having to re-upload.I'm very familiar with formatting, image design, etc... i have a shop at cafepress, and yes I agree there is a bug. Still, we have been fairly successful considering we were one of the top ten shops in March '06 after only 4 months as a shopkeeper.

Since your premium shop fee is charged monthly you could cancel the relationship, but your visitor count of 68,000 wouldn't suggest that.

If i can help email me at: luvletters@sbcglobal.net and we'll go from there.
dick

Andrea said...

I think the image problem was caused when I reorganised the media basket. I created some new folders as the existing folder was getting quite large. The images I moved to those new folders then disappeared from the market place.

To fix the problem I selected the images in each section and chose add/change image. I reselected the image and after 24 hours they reappeared in the market place.

As far as SEO goes, I know I have a lot of work to do with descriptions etc. I'm still working on that.

I'm not at all unhappy with how CafePress works as far as the website, processing, shipping etc goes. My problem was how I was brushed off by the customer service people.

I paid for 1 year for the shop so I'm hoping to make it work.